A dream bike for bike riders who dream of speed, the Carbon Aero 2.0 takes the classic Bacchetta "stick" design and takes it to the ultimate. Make it carbon, make it aero, and there you have it, possibly the fastest, lightest production bike you can buy - and I mean bike; no upright machine is going to come close to the CA2 in areodynamics, and very few recumbents without fairings. The carbon frame is complimented by a carbon seat with the classic Bacchetta adjustability, the same bike can give you a an easy upright riding position or can go almost flat for wind-cheating aerodynamics.
This is the weapon of choice for serious high milage speed athletes, as evidenced by the string of long distance endurance events it has been seen in, including a whole string of new records in the 2014 Race Across America. In the 2014 Race Across America Dennis Johnson rode several Bacchetta 650c CA2.0′s that pretty much used the stock Bacchetta RACE Spec set-up, except for the wheels. The seat angle was around 19°.
Listed below are some the accomplishments Dennis achieved on RAAM 2014.
• A NEW RECORD FOR THE FASTEST RECUMBENT SOLO FINISH, the overall average speed of 11.72 mph.
• A NEW RECORD FOR THE FASTEST SOLO TRANSCONTINENTAL BICYCLE CROSSING BY A PERSON 60 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
• TENTH INDIVIDUAL AGE 60+ TO EVER FINISH RAAM SOLO.
• FIRST EVER RECUMBENT FINISH BY A 60+ RIDER.
• FASTEST AMONG ALL AGE 60+ RACERS IN 2014.
• FIRST AMERICAN FINISHER AMONG ALL SOLOISTS IN 2014.
• THE HIGHEST FINISH EVER AMONG ALL SOLOISTS BY A 60+ AGE RACER, finishing 7th out of the total 48 person solo field.